Cats, cats everywhere. Cats forever. Cats on the internet (see: The Kitten Covers, Dream Cats, Writers and Kitties, and our own Chris Randle’s controversial Critic Kittens). Cats (a whole town of, no less) inside Murakami’s latest novel and cats prowling all over the cover of Miranda July’s. And here, some of our favourite cat-like objects to satisfy (or coax out) the ailurophile in you.
1. Learn to meow in Japanese with this adorable Mini Meow Tote, a collaboration between Fieldguided and Sonja Ahlers ($15 at fieldguided.com or Kid Icarus in Kensington Market).
2. Cutest black kitty ears by Lara Vincent ($100 on Etsy).
3. Worn Fashion Journal’s throwing a Black Cat Ball this evening to celebrate the launch of their latest issue at Dovercourt House. Tickets are $12 at the door and include a copy of the magazine.
4-5. Take purrrfect party pictures with this Shironeko Holga Cat Camera ($60.00, at Magic Pony, 680 Queen St. West). Bonus: the camera meows (!) and comes in a cat-faced tin.
6. Most beautiful ruby-red Charlotte Olympia Smoking Cat Slippers (from The Room at The Bay on Queen).
7. Fashionable cat sculptures by feline-obsessed artist Ginette Lapalme (“Cat Mom + Baby Set” $125 at Magic Pony). See also: Cat Heaven.
Katie Merchant finds objects for the Toronto Standard and blogs for herself at thank you, ok.