Call me a woman obsessed: I’m all about polka dots right now. After getting a black and white polka dot manicure from Tips Nail Bar on a whim last week, they’re all I see when I close my eyes. And Karen Walker‘s spotted Spring 2013 collection was no help either. It seems every few seasons since the 80′s, polka dots cycle in and out of style. Thanks to designers like Walker and Marc Jacobs, spots of every size and shade have snuck back into my wardrobe. This week’s collage is a little cramped… I just couldn’t choose what to toss. So I tossed nothing.
1. White and black or black and white? Both, of course! (Moonspoon Saloon polka dot sweater, $260)
2. Polka dots AND sequins? Now you’re just spoiling me. (Alice + Olivia Celyn sequined polka dot sweater, $285)
3. Not everything is just black and white. (Cambridge Satchel bag, $165)
4. Pair this with something badass so people don’t think you’re going to a sock hop. (Etsy rockabilly black & white polka dot headband, $10)
5. Wednesday Addams’ wardrobe just got a little chicer. (Oasis 60s spot dress, $30)
6. Just the bottle will have you seeing spots…not the scent. (Marc Jacobs Dot eau de toilette, $86)
7. Seeing these makes me think that maybe Cruella was just misunderstood. (Opening Ceremony Shirley polka dot pony boots, $495)
8. Perfect to top off a pair of liquid leggings. (Gianfranco Ferre black & white silk polka dot jacket, price upon request)
9. Office attire with a little attitude. (Dorothy Perkins mocha spot dress with collar, $30)
10. A great alternative to getting gum stuck in your hair. (Etsy polka dot pink earrings, $12)
11. Keeping you warm but looking so cute. (The Hudson’s Bay Company HUE dots sweater tight, $14)
Bianca Teixeira writes about style for Toronto Standard. Follow her on Twitter at @BeeLauraTee.