Back in February, at the Joe Fresh Fall 2012 runway show, Mr. Mimran showed a cavalcade of houndstooth patterns on everything from leather pants to shift dresses. Right after the presentation, I thought Can’t wait to get my hands on those pieces, then promtly forgot about them once I left the tent. A recent trip to a Joe Fresh store brought the black-and-white pattern screaming back into my memory. Prepare for houndstooth to have a seriously major moment.
1. Smoking slippers, I just can’t get enough. (Lane Bryant houndstooth slipper, $30)
2. The perfect chic bag for tea at Windsor Arms. (Dorothy Perkins houndstooth tassel handbag, $69)
3. Houndstooth is THE pattern for fall. (Isotoner Smartouch houndstooth fleece gloves, $28)
4. The perfect accent to an otherwise all-black outfit. (Salvatore Ferragamo houndstooth genuine python pump, $950)
5. Belted or loose-fitting, everyone will want to know where you scored this dress. (Joe Fresh houndstooth dress, $49)
6. Just the tiniest touch of houndstooth can change your outfit. (Ted Rossi small houndstooth fabric bangle bracelet,$68)
7. Wrapping yourself in silk makes getting out of bed just a little bit easier. (Joe Fresh houndstooth silk shirt, $49)
8. The retro feel of this skirt will make you want to put on the record version of ‘Valerie.’ (Amy Winehouse for Fred Perry black high waisted houndstooth pencil skirt, $140)
9. It’s not really a splurge if you can wear it forever, right? (Alexander McQueen archive houndstooth jacket, $2,550)
10. Who said the world has to be black and white? (House of Holland boucle houndstooth trousers, $410)
Bianca Teixeira writes about style for Toronto Standard. Follow her on Twitter at @BeeLauraTee.