Jobs - Toronto Standard
ADVERTISING SALES ASSOCIATE
The Standard is seeking a sales associate that is motivated, hard-working and detail-oriented. This position would compliment our exisitng advertising team.
- Will be responsible for generating and collecting insertion orders as well as inputting all new advertising contracts
- Work closely with the production team in order to ensure a seamless process of gathering advertising materials
- Assist in the RFP process, as needed
- Responsible for managing competitive reports
- Responsible for working with our fulfillment company on subscription issues
- Responsible for managing online advertising systems
- Work closely with the editorial team to create, plan, and execute original campaign and advertorial packages
- Positive attitude and a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new software and manage databases
- Ability to interface with advertising partners in a professional manner
- 2-3 years of professional work experience
- Existing list of contacts within the industry
- Prior experience with advertising for digital properties and familiarity with all online advertising terms and standard practices
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading college or university
Send an email to email@example.com with resume and cover letter. Please write ‘Advertising Sales Associate’ in subject line of email.
INTERNSHIPS – NOW OPEN FOR FALL CYCLE
Toronto Standard is a daily digital briefing on the life of the city, covering urban affairs, business, technology, culture and design.
We are looking for university students or recent graduates to work and learn at the Toronto Standard’s Queen and Bathurst office as editorial interns for our fall cycle, beginning in September. Internships are 4 months in length and we promise you won’t have to get anyone coffee!
Interns will leave our immersive program with the necessary knowledge and skills to work in a daily newsroom environment.
Interns, under the supervision and mentorship of senior editors, will be trained to:
- Source and build Daily Cable blog posts
- Research and write longer features of interest
- Upload and manage day-to-day editorial content
- Cover city events and press conferences
- Build and maintain social media networks
Ideal candidates would have:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for the position and eagerness to learn
- A positive attitude and the ability to take and act upon feedback
- A strong and unique writing voice
- Excellent organizational skills
- Freakishly thorough research skills
- Familiarity with basic computer software including Microsoft Word, Photoshop
The internship is unpaid, but will offer hands-on experience in running a daily online publication and a high level of training and mentorship. Interns are also eligible to receive academic credit for their time at the Standard. Please contact your career counselor or an academic advisor for more information.
TO APPLY: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “internship” and tell us about yourself. We love personality, so don’t hold back! Also include a resume, 2-3 writing clips, and a story pitch you think would be a good fit for the Standard.
DEADLINE: August 19, 2013
We thank you in advance for your interest. Due to time constraints, only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.